Microsoft Teams is one of the most popular business collaboration tools in the world. As of April 2020, the service has 75 million daily active users, and demand continues to increase.
With Teams, employees can share information, communicate via voice, text, and video, and even work on projects at the same time as their colleagues. Already, businesses are seeing the benefits of Teams on productivity, engagement, and efficiency levels.
But there’s still room for growth.
Expanding the benefits of Microsoft Teams into your contact center means that you can use Teams to transform your customer experience strategy too.
The Challenge of Adopting Microsoft Teams Contact Centers
Migrating to Microsoft Teams as a central communication tool makes sense for most companies. If your business already relies on the Microsoft ecosystem for its productivity tools, email services, and cloud storage, Teams is a natural next step to improve collaboration.
However, while the shift from endless email threads to the real-time conversations of MS Teams is easy, embracing Teams for the contact center isn’t as straightforward. Microsoft has years of experience in the IT space, but limited insight into the telecoms sector.
Many business leaders are left questioning whether Teams can provide a secure, reliable, and professional contact center solution.
The good news? Embracing a Microsoft Teams Contact Centre doesn’t have to mean using a Microsoft PBX. Reputable Microsoft partners can provide an all-in-one solution that combines Microsoft’s UC solution with crucial contact center features.
The flexibility of Microsoft Teams and access to its internal APIs means that companies with years of experience in the customer experience sector can create the ultimate pathway for digital transformation. It’s these partners that are guiding companies towards a seamless Microsoft Teams contact center transition.
Why Bring Microsoft Teams into the Contact Centre?
A comprehensive contact center solution designed for Microsoft Teams sidesteps the restrictions of the basic Microsoft PBX system while harnessing all the benefits. Integrating Microsoft Teams and other essential Microsoft products with your contact center offer advantages like:
- Comprehensive collaboration: Empower your front-line agents with a powerful platform for managing all back-end and front-end conversations.
- Enhanced customer experiences: When the back, middle, and front-office agents in your team work together, customers get amazing interactions on all channels.
- Better business management: A central environment for communication means managing your team, and tracking progress is easier than ever.
- Reporting and visibility: Your combined Microsoft contact centre environment is a fantastic place to look for business intelligence and insights.
- Endless flexibility: With the right contact center provider, you can integrate additional tools with your contact center. Unlock the opportunities of Power BI reporting, or connect to CRM systems like Microsoft Dynamics.
Compared to the traditional contact center, a Microsoft Teams solution offers incredible opportunities to empower your agents. You can delight your customers by ensuring that everyone involved in the buyer journey is connected.
A Teams contact center also means that you can future-proof your business continuity, accessing agents through the cloud so that someone is always available to take a call. Choose the right contact center partner, and your solution can evolve with you, adding new features as your business grows, with no massive investment in infrastructure.
Getting the Most from a Microsoft Teams Contact Center
Combining your Microsoft Teams collaboration experience with your contact center strategy could be a powerful move for many businesses. However, the path to success starts with the right partner. A contact center solution company with proven experience in the Microsoft ecosystem is crucial.
Other essential points to look for include:
- Flexibility: The option to tie your Microsoft Teams experience with multiple channels for customer service, analytics, and workforce management.
- Visibility: The best contact center providers deliver a complete view of your customer journey across every channel.
- Intelligence: Innovative partners can support you in unlocking new functionality with AI, bots, smart voice solutions, and even predictive routing.
- Simplicity: Harnessing your contact center solution should be a quick and simple process. A convenient web-based interface and intuitive back-end are a must-have.
Any company thinking of making the transition to Microsoft Teams contact center solutions should start by seeking out a partner that can help them make the transition.
In a digital age, where customer experience is more important than ever, companies need to evolve from their outdated solutions. Microsoft Teams has the potential to be the heart of your secure, flexible, and scalable contact center.